The Mission of the End Stage Renal Disease Network of the Ohio River Valley is to promote health care for all ESRD patients that is safe, effective, efficient, patient-centered, timely and equitable.
Role of ESRD Networks
ESRD Networks are responsible for developing local objectives and goals that support nationwide priorities mandated by CMS and the legislative requirements of Congress. ESRD Networks are required to conduct specific quality improvement activities focused on patient care, maintain a patient registry, provide educational materials and investigate patient grievances. These activities are described in the CMS Statement of Work (SOW).
Each year quality improvement activities, and goals associated with these, are established. Facilities are encouraged to review the overarching goals to best understand Network activities.
In keeping with the legislative mandate for the ESRD Network Program, strategic goals of IPRO are to:
- Improve the quality and safety of dialysis related services provided for individuals with ESRD.
- Improve independence and quality of life of individuals through use of self-care modalities (such as transplantation, peritoneal dialysis, home hemodialysis), and self-directed care, as appropriate, through the end of life.
- Improve patient perception of care and experience of care and resolution of patient's complaints and grievances.
- Improve the individuals with ESRD rate of transplantation and use of self-care and self-directed modalities, when medically appropriate in order to ensure patients achieve the maximum level of rehabilitation and independence possible.
- Improve collaboration with providers to ensure achievement of the goals.
- Improve the collection, reliability, timeliness, and use of data to measure processes of care, outcomes, and to support the ESRD Network program.
Click here for more information on CMS and ESRD Network Organizations.
Network Agreements with ESRD Providers
ESRD Networks have been given a 5-year contract by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The current contract is effective from January 1, 2016 to November 30, 2020. Subpart U Medicare Regulations require all ESRD facilities to participate in Network activities and pursue Network goals, including quality improvement activities, as set forth by 42 CFR Part 494.180.V772 (i) of CMS regulations.
Accessibility to Individuals with Disabilities
IPRO is committed to ensuring that materials on this website are accessible to individuals with disabilities. If an alternate format of any information is needed, please contact your local network.
IPRO ESRD Network of the Ohio River Valley
Network 9 (IN, KY, OH)
3201 Enterprise Parkway, Suite 210
Beachwood, OH 44122
Main Phone: 216-593-0001
Toll-Free Patient Line: 844-819-3010
Click here to sign up for eNewsletters
Victoria L. Cash, MBA, BSN, RN
Brittany Battle, BS
Project Support Coordinator