The Network serves as an advocate to the Medicare beneficiaries in the ESRD community. As a part of the ESRD Network of the Ohio River Valley, the Patient Services Department coordinates with the Conditions for Coverage (CfC) to establish guidelines for issues such as grievances, access to care concerns and barriers to placement. The Patient Services role includes:
- Investigating all grievances reported to the Network
- Advocate for patient rights and provide mediation between patients and providers
- Provide consultation to providers requesting guidance on working with patients who display inappropriate and disruptive behavior.
- Develop educational resources to the ESRD community and providers
- Work closely with the Patient Advisory Committee (PAC) and the Patient Engagement Learning and Action Networks (LAN) to establish the needs of patients.