Conditions for Coverage (CfC) & Regulations
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a final rule that modernized the Medicare Conditions for Coverage (CFC) for the nation’s dialysis centers and promote higher quality of care for patients receiving dialysis. Dialysis facilities must meet CFC to be certified under the Medicare program.
The regulation reflects important clinical and scientific advances in dialysis technology and standards of care practices. The regulation also updated the requirements first published in 1976.
- Conditions for Coverage (CFC): Please note the complete document is 625 pages in length; the actual rule begins on page 557.
- Core Survey Process Documents
- ESRD Program Interpretive Guidelines
- ESRD Conditions for Coverage FAQs
- Measurement Assessment Tool (MAT)
- State Surveyor Tools & Guidelines
- Survey & Certification – Dialysis
IPRO ESRD Network of the Ohio River Valley
Network 9 (IN, KY, OH)
3201 Enterprise Parkway, Suite 210
Beachwood, OH 44122
Main Phone: 216-593-0001
Toll-Free Patient Line: 844-819-3010