Project RequirementsFacilities must update all eligible patient's VR status in CROWNWeb, promote and monitor the Patient Ambassador Program.
Project Resources - Provider
Research and best practices have demonstrated that units with active participation of patients as members of the health care team achieve better clinical outcomes more readily. This yea, the Network is requesting that each facility in the Vocational Rehabilitation QIA designate at least one patient, or preferably, one patient per shift to take the lead on special projects. We will provide training for these patients to supervise these programs in the clinic. Patients should be viewed as role models in the unit as gar as the ability to lead and become "the unofficial spokesman" on the care team.
In this role, the patient will:
- Provide contact information to the Network.
- Participate in educational information web conference presentations with the Network.
- Review educational materials designed for patients in the target facilities and throughout the Network community.
Patient Ambassador Resources and Tools
- Vocational Rehabilitation Kickoff Webinar 2018
- Social Security Benefits Quick Reference Guide
- Vocational Rehabilitation Resources by State
- Patient Success Story - Peter's Story
- Patient Success Story - Rob's Story
- Vocational Rehabilitation Word Search: Learn the Terms
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Answers to Your Questions
Patient Ambassador Sign Up: